Friday, January 2, 2009

Give Me My Papers!

So, it's 2009 and I want a hunting license right off the bat.

Kansas law dictates (and I chose the word purposely) that one must complete a 8-12 hour course on Hunter Education.

I didn't go.

5 years ago I got a Bowhunter Education card, but it is worthless today, as they are no longer required for bowhunting. Or, at least, I thought it was worthless...

Today, family and friends went to Wal*Mart for various reasons, but my only reason was to get all of my tags and licenses for the year. I took my Bowhunter card just in case they asked to see a Hunter Education Card.

When I got there I was sure that I would get everything, since they had a guy from the automotive department working the sporting goods desk! Woo Hoo!

He indeed asked for my Hunter Education number, so I gave him the Bowhunter card.

I told him I didn't know if it would count as a Hunter Education card, but said he needed a four-digit number, and that's what it had.

After about 20 minutes and $53, as well as a new acquaintance from Oregon who stood behind me in line, I had a '09 Hunting License, a 4-day doe tag, and a waterfowl stamp.

This better be worth it. If it is, you'll be the first to know!

Oh, I have a picture of three dead starlings on the front porch, but they haven't been uploaded yet.

Two shots, by the way.

3 comments:

  1. To Bad you have to get a hunting license nowadays )-: it was a practice, now its privilege.

    hope you have fun hunting
    Stephen G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stephen!

    Yes, but I'll like it better when they outlaw hunting altogether, because then I'll save money on licenses, and get all the deer and waterfowl I want!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Yes, but I'll like it better when they outlaw hunting altogether, because then I'll save money on licenses, and get all the deer and waterfowl I want!" LOL! No kidding!

    ReplyDelete